The Basics of Surveillance
Surveillance is a common aspect of a private investigator’s job and likely what most people think of when they think about what private investigators do. While it is not the only part of the job, it is used in many investigations. The goal of surveillance is to observe a person, place, or object in order to document interactions or activities that involve the subject of the investigation. Through surveillance we can gather quality, court-admissible evidence in a discreet, confidential way.
Do I Need Surveillance?
The team at B. Lauren Investigations uses surveillance techniques and equipment in the following case types, among others:
- Infidelity Investigations – If you suspect your spouse or partner is being dishonest about where they are going or who they are with, surveillance can help us uncover the truth.
- Background Investigations – We can help you confirm that someone is who they are claiming to be, whether it be a future spouse or a potential hire.
- Cohabitation Investigations – We can help you determine if your ex-spouse, who is still collecting alimony, has moved in with a new partner.
- Child Custody Investigations – We can find out if the parent awarded custody of your child is creating an unsafe environment for them.
- Corporate Investigations – We use surveillance in a variety of investigations for businesses, including due diligence, fraud investigations, and asset recovery.
Common Surveillance Techniques
Depending on the case, there are a number of common surveillance techniques we use and a variety of specialized equipment.
- Electronic & Technical Surveillance uses equipment such as a stationary surveillance camera or a GPS tracking device.
- Physical Surveillance involves a private investigator physically following a subject to witness and record their behavior, companions, and environment.
Contact B. Lauren Investigations
Sometimes surveillance can be done by a single investigator, while in certain cases multiple team members may be required to obtain the necessary information. The team at B. Lauren Investigations is skilled and experienced in dealing with all manner of cases in a confidential and legal manner. Contact us today to discuss your case.