What is Skip Tracing?
Have you ever tried to contact someone only to find out they’ve “skipped town” with no forwarding address? Skip tracing is a type of investigation where the primary goal is to locate these people. Skip tracing cases are similar to missing persons investigations or other situations where an investigator is hired to track down a difficult to find person.
Who are the Subjects of Skip Trace Investigations?
Skip tracing investigations are often carried out to find people who owe somebody a debt or are needed for legal proceedings. Some of the common subjects of skip tracing include:
- Key witnesses for trials
- Heirs to estates
- People who need to be served with papers in legal proceedings
- People who have skipped bail
- Debtors who have avoided making payments
- Customers or clients who haven’t paid a business for their product or service
Resources Used For Skip Tracing
During a skip tracing case, investigators will try to find important information such as the missing person’s current address, place of work, phone number or other contact information, along with evidence to support these findings. Tracking down someone who does not want to be found can be difficult, and involves thorough, detailed research. Some of the resources and tools private investigators use in these cases include:
- Databases – Investigators have access to databases that allow them to lookup phone numbers, vehicle information, addresses, and more.
- Social Media – Social media and other online resources can often lead to important information for finding people. A digital paper trail can sometimes lead investigators right to the subjects of a skip tracing case.
- Public Records – This can include tax documents, court records, and other public information.
- Surveillance – Keeping an eye on places the subject might visit is an important part of an investigator’s job.
- Interviews – Talking to people close to the subject can help investigators discover information they could not find elsewhere.
Contact B. Lauren About Your Skip Tracing Case
If you have a case you’d like to discuss, contact B. Lauren Investigations today. Our team of highly skilled investigators has the experience and resources to find the person you are looking for in a timely, confidential manner.